3.10.09



Burnt Norton, in Four Quartets
by T.S. Eliot
I
Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation.
[...]

* * *
And, on another occasion, I suddenly knew what Christos Giannaras once meant when he said: "a building with many houses means: I come from nowhere and march towards nothing".

So now I have collected many pieces on the theme: time and space location. When Bachelard speaks of the past as a memory in space, it is as if he talked about the Eliot's abstraction making an effort to subside the force of speculation. And then, the place of an ancestor or a tree in your grandmother's garden are an anchor to the particularity.

2 σχόλια:

Ritva είπε...

tree in your grandmother´s garden.
the atmosphere in your photos is emotionally so charged that i can feel it in me, on my skin.

i, too, hope that i could speak greek, - my english vocabulary is (furiously!) insufficient.

i think, that if i´m a house with many rooms and floors, perhaps 2-4 (bachelard: la poétique de l´espace- in finnish ;) is one of my favorites!)- that i ,too,come from nowhere and march towards nothing?what do you think? - that thought makes me feel boundless, the same way as i see what "now" is , when time present and time past and time future are melted together in a space. then i feel "now" is.
great english- yes!?!
anyway, hugs!

Unknown είπε...

I love the "granada" trees. It happens to me as Ritva, my english cannot sometimes express what I want to say.
So some license to some untraslated words...
Amonaren etxean gela guztiek dute istorio bat gordea, eta istorio bakoitzaren atzean dagoen jendeak hor jarraitzen du naiz eta jada joanak izan.

More or less..in each room of grandmum´s home there are a lot of stories hiden, and behind those stories there are people that are still there although they have left so many time ago.

I have some architecture photos in my blog for you.