7.10.09

I

More than twenty years ago, the old painter approached me as I was trying, for the first time in my life, to portray the little girl who was actually standing in front of me. The girl's name was Κερασία (it means the cherry tree).
The teacher took a pencil and with trembling hand she draw a trembling eye, whereas I was trying to create a perfect almond shaped figure.
The hand was kindly certain.




The minute i got out of that cell it was like a return.




But I got right back in, because I was right outside my intended limits.


II
As a pianist later on I found it hard that a person must not tamper too much with the written music. I could only pretend to be the right pianist. In any case I would not stand mistakes and imperfection.


So, I thought, even the imperfection must be perfect in its expression.

Imagine how a pianist with trembling hands would sound at a concert.

[to be continued]

6 σχόλια:

Unknown είπε...

The perfection of things is in own perception (not sure if it is said this way). One could listen a pianist and say that is brilliant. And for the pianist the theme could be not perfect. And sometimes, mistakes, imperfections and so on could be so beauty.
And a freckle is an imperfection but I find them beautiful.

Janis είπε...

The portrait is beautiful, and your words and photos slow my breathing - like meditation. Thanks for the gift...

Finn είπε...

Ibb, yes, that is so much true, I can find evidence everywhere! Still, it is very important to me to figure out why. And here is the start of a story about my investigations :)

Janis, your words are my gift!

Ritva είπε...

the perfect imperfection /the imperfect perfection.

to be an empty vase
to be a tool
to accept
to let loose
the perfect to happen
to take place.

in that i think the sound of a trembling hand can make the most touching sound, or a line.

Finn είπε...

Ritva, thank you, I agree (no need to continue the story now, I would have said the last words of yours).

And yet, I know not what it feels to be an empty vase.

you find yourself unexpectedly 'full' when you 'empty' the 'non-necessary' (it's a poor expression, forgive me)

Ritva είπε...

wait,
non-necessary is part of the full?
not part of the empty, yet.

you said you don´t know what it feels to be an empty vase- but you know what it means!
so there is a seed of it inside of you/me?
we just have to dig deeper?